There are many times when I’m writing a post or an article for my site and I struggle to come up with words to type. What’s worse, I find it difficult to even come up with a great title which will go in line with what I’m about to write.
So I went about researching how to overcome this thing called writer’s block and found the following tips written by Jeff Goins, the best-selling author of five books including the The Art of Work and Real Artists Don’t Starve:
- Go for a walk.
- Eliminate distractions (I use Ommwriter to focus on just writing).
- Do something to get your blood flowing. (I like running.)
- Play. (My personal preference is LEGOS.)
- Change your environment.
- Read a book.
- Brew some coffee (my personal favorite).
- Create a routine. Many famous writers have daily routines to summon the Muse.
- Spend time with someone who makes you feel good.
- Call an old friend.
- Brainstorm ideas in bullet points.
- Read some inspiring quotes to get you started.
Whilst the list is limited to the above, the possibilities are of course endless. The main thing to remember is, do something that generates ideas.